Wednesday 27 November 2013

Some more Landscape and Cliffs

As I was writing in my last post I needed to fix a lot of things in my landscape first of the fluid actors would leak into areas where it shouldn't be. I first tried simply moving the fluid actors down but unfortunatly the rivers would get to small so I had to go back and forth between mudbox and udk to bring the affected areas up. This was a fairly long process since I also found some of the rivers to thin as is and rendering out the height map to make it usable in udk made it pretty much a waiting game.
Additionaly I hated the transition between the different textures. As a response to that I created a shader, that would assign a texture depending on the angle of the area this was the result:

Furthermore I have been working on cliffs to flesh the map out.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

2 comments: