Tuesday 29 October 2013

changing gears

So while I was working on my skydome I got a bit sidetracked by snow and moss shaders on trees and rocks. I started with the moss and since moss mostly grows on the north side of the of objects in the northern hemisphere I wanted the shader to be able to only be active on one side of the mesh that being the side I specified as north.

The second thing I wanted to be able to do is control the growth of the moss.

Moving on from that I wanted to be able to quickly add snow but I also wanted to be able to show a slow build of snow.


Lastly I wanted to be able to show a slight build up of snow when there was a lot of wind so I created a shader in which i can determine where wind is coming from and that is the direction that the snow will build up on.


Thanks for reading and have a good day.

1 comment: