Thursday 17 October 2013

More Skydomes

In the Past few days, that I've been working on my sky dome I've run into a number of problems. First of all the simple rotating sky dome didn't quite look right  

I then showed this to Josh Taylor my MA tutor and he suggested going back to basics and also using panning rather then rotating clouds which might give a more natural feel to it. He also suggested I use two sky domes the outer one being to show the moon,stars and higher clouds and then a second one slightly lower to show more clouds and get a good variation by slightly altering the direction. I first decided to see if I can make the clouds work with a panner since the stretching on the outer edges would be quite significant. I also tried to use two sky domes which did improve the clouds when looking straight up. The initial result was this:

After thinking about the dome a bit more and literally going back to the basics that being the shape of the dome I decided to try a disk similar to a saucer. The initial result looks promising so far but needs a lot of work.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment